Facebook is a social media platform with over 2.8 billion monthly active users, making it one of the world’s most popular and widely used platforms. As a user, you should increase your credibility on the platform by getting verified with a blue checkmark. This article will discuss how to verify your Facebook account and earn the blue checkmark.
Who can have the verified blue icon on Facebook?
On Facebook, the verified blue icon is primarily intended for public figures, celebrities, brands, and businesses with a large following or at high risk of impersonation. However, Facebook has expanded verification to include other accounts, such as media outlets and journalists, government officials and offices, and famous social media personalities. To be eligible for the verified blue icon, the account must represent a natural person or business, have a complete profile, and meet Facebook’s verification criteria.
Step 1: Ensure You Meet Facebook’s Criteria
To be eligible for verification, your Facebook account must meet specific criteria. Here’s what you need to do:
- Ensure your account represents a natural person or business.
- Ensure your account is complete with a profile picture, cover photo, bio, and posts.
- Ensure your account has no restrictions on following, sharing, and commenting.
- Ensure your account has enough followers or likes.
- Ensure your account is active with regular posts and engagement.
Step 2: Apply for Verification
Once you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for verification through Facebook’s verification request form. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to your profile page and click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” and click on “Settings.”
- Click on “General” and select “Page Verification” or “Profile Verification”, depending on which account you want to verify.
- Follow the prompts and provide the required information, such as your name, ID, and other details.
- Submit your request and wait for Facebook’s response.
Step 3: Wait for Facebook’s Response
After submitting your verification request, Facebook will review your application and verify the authenticity of your account. Facebook may take several days or weeks to respond, depending on the requests they receive.
If your application is approved, you will receive a blue checkmark next to your name, indicating that your account has been verified. If your application is declined, you can reapply after 30 days.
Verifying your Facebook account is an excellent way to increase your credibility and gain the trust of your followers. By following the above steps, you can ensure that your account meets Facebook’s eligibility criteria, apply for verification, and wait for Facebook’s response. If your request is approved, you’ll earn the coveted blue checkmark next to your name, setting you apart as a verified and trusted account on the platform.